November 15, 2011

New Orleans


Here are a few snapshots from our trip to New Orleans last weekend. Enjoy!

While B had his interview, I staked out at this adorable coffee shop off of Magazine Street to get some work done. And there was a Pinkberry right down the street! 


A taste of the French Quarter below.  In my last post, I mistakenly put the "french corner". Well obviously I had never been to New Orleans before and I now stand corrected.


We had such a fun evening at this local joint and hands down Coop's is the best cajun food in town.


Of course we stood in line for 30 minutes just to get beignets and what else were we supposed to do with a 1/2 lb. bag of leftover powdered sugar except throw it at each other?


B and I had our first experience with Oysters and I think we went to the right place for it.  We made quick friends with the couple sitting next to us and had a really great time talking with them for several hours.  The four of us made good friends with the waitress as well which is always a plus when she brings out several drinks and desserts on the house.


And now we are headed to Austin for this coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment