October 13, 2011

B's FIRST interview

I have some very exciting news (at least exciting in doctor world) - yesterday was B's very first interview AND he will be home in less than 48 hours!!


Since this isn't a picture heavy post, here is one photo that describes as I am cleaning and getting ready for him to come home;  "Wisteria Lane" from Tyler Candle Company definitely has my recommendation and I am excited to try it out when he gets here! I am sorry for taking so long to update on here, but after my trip to NY and Philly, I have been so busy catching up on work, another trip to Dallas and spending every free minute helping B with a presentation on his research. 

So about B's interview...the program in Philadelphia that he has been rotating with for the last month invited him for an interview during his last week which means one less flight for us to buy!   

In his humble opinion, he says it went alright, but from what I can tell it actually went very well...  He has made a great impression on the faculty and residents and they told him he is a "strong applicant" which is definitely a good thing.

I am so relieved that his first interview is out of the way. My stomach has been in knots for three days and have been praying nonstop.  But now I am counting down the hours that he comes home on Saturday for the first time in two months!  Man I can't wait to have that guy home.  I do admit that it has been nice to have a break from cooking, but the stove and oven is now calling my name. 

So far we have scheduled 15 surgery interviews in places like Connecticut, New York, Chicago, North Carolina, West Virginia, Florida, Louisiana, Kansas, Colorado and California. We are anxiously awaiting Oct. 26 when we will hear what otolaryngology programs he is invited to.  

For now, he is coming home to do a rotation in neurology in Houston which is only 5 minutes from home.  And then, the traveling starts all over again.  

I promise to be better at giving updates especially when he starts traveling for all of his interview.  But I better get back to cleaning our house, baking cookies and cinnamon rolls and getting ready for him to come home. 


- Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment