October 13, 2011

Weekend in Philly

Here are some long overdue photos from my weekend in Philly.   I now realize that I took quite a few pictures of food.  But what can I say, we had some delicious meals and I still think they are worth sharing. Enjoy!


A perfect dinner in the rain --- B researched the perfect place to take me to dinner, an adorable restaurant that had fabulous food. But there was only one slight issue - they had mostly outside seating and it started to rain. We still had a wonderful time and enjoyed the experience even eating under an umbrella!

 A trout specialty with butternut risotto and a crab salad.  Sooo delish.

A few snapshots of the city.
  
Visiting a little history - Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell.

We are big crepe fans and found Creperie Beau Monde in Philly which we think is comparable to our reigning favorite Flip Happy Crepes in Austin. I have never tried a breakfast savory crepe before with eggs but it was absolutely delicious.  A must try if you are ever in the city. 


B was offered an invitation to interview with the Philadelphia program while he was there, so I brought his new suit up with me and yes I lugged it around New York before I could give it to him.  So we made a run to a few stores to pick up some shirts and ties to complete the outfit.  I must say he looks sharp in a suit!


We met up with the Texas Exes to watch the Longhorn football game and made some great friends and connections with other Longhorns in Philly.  

For anyone wondering, of course we had a philly cheese steak in Philadelphia.  There are two famous places right across the street from each other that both compete for "the best" of the city.  After we couldn't decide which one to go to, we split up to conquer both lines and get a taste of each one.   Honestly, I think they taste the same.


One of the first things that B said after we first saw each other was..."guess what babe, they have a Krispy Kreme factory here,  can we go...now?" One thing you may learn over time is that B and I are big dessert fans and both have a sweet tooth.


Philly has some very old and beautiful but large buildings and one of which has been turned into a Macy's which is shown below.  The store was gorgeous and I loved walking around inside.   The last photo is B in front of his home for a month.  Poor guy has been roughing it though with no refrigerator and no microwave. I am so proud of him for being resourceful and never complaining.  Only one more day in Philly until he is back home!





1 comment:

  1. i love philly!! and yes, i think splitting betweetn pat's and geno's is definitely the way to go too. (:

    ReplyDelete