October 31, 2011

ESPN desk

Well there have been two big events involving the city of Dallas recently.

1. The World Series - It was very exciting that this was the second year in a row that the Texas Rangers were in the World Series.  They did a good job this run, but man that was a heartwrenching Game 6 which pretty much cost them the championship.  Since B is from Dallas, he is a HUGE Rangers fan and has swayed me into liking them as well. The week that we began dating, we saw Josh Hamilton and several other Rangers in New York for the All Star game and so I guess it was fate for me to be a Rangers fan as well :). B and I had a great time watching it and now we are so glad to have our evenings back.

2. Texas vs. OU - I went up to see my best friends in Dallas a few weekends ago and had a memorable weekend at the Red River Shootout - aka the rivalry game between UT and OU.  We scored VIP backstage passes to College GameDay and had an incredible time meeting the hosts and taking a picture at the desk! The game didn't go so well for our Longhorns, but this experience still made it a great day!





Free fried food from the State Fair? Yes please.  
 Fried cheesecake and a turkey leg at 9:30 in the morning? Why not. 



Dallas was covered in orange and red over the weekend, even the airport. I have never seen an airport decorated for any other occasion before, but hey I won't complain because I love this college football game!


No comments:

Post a Comment