September 6, 2011

A birthday without the hubby

Last weekend was my birthday and unfortunately B was still out of town.  This was probably the toughest weekend for us to be apart since he has been gone, but we got through it.  Thanks to all of my wonderful friends and family that helped me to celebrate - I still had a great birthday!


This amazing group surprised me out of nowhere with a dessert and wine celebration.  We had an incredible time, I absolutely love every one of them!



I didn't get a picture of us, but my good friend Brooke took me out to a great dinner at Benjy's and gave me this beautiful necklace below.  She knows just my style, it was the perfect gift.


I had a successful shopping trip and brought these pretty things home!


 My parents and sister-in-law came over for dinner and of course a birthday cake. 


And skyped with the hubs a few times - seeing him even on a computer screen always makes me happy!


And last but not least, beautiful flowers from the hubs. 



 I had a wonderful time with everyone for my birthday and am so grateful for them but I wish he could have been there for every moment.  I hope that this experience has taught B and I to not take birthdays and holidays together for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment