September 4, 2011

Hook 'em Horns!

  The greatest day of my year is finally here.  The start of college football. 


I love everything about college football and the Texas Longhorns.  In my biased opinion, I think Texas is one of the greatest states for college football. I was surrounded by a sea of school colors at the gym for my Saturday morning workout as ESPN College Gameday played on nearly every TV screen.  During the rest of my day, I loved making eye contact with total strangers who were also dressed in burnt orange as we exchanged a good "hook 'em". 

Although yesterday should have been great, it was a terrible day for longhorn fans.  Well, atleast we did win 34-9 against Rice, but most Longhorns who were not able to make it to the game were left in the dark.  I know this Longhorn Network is supposed to be great, but really people, since nobody has agreed to carry it we can't even watch our own game.  Great planning.  So here I am left on the first day of college football cheering for other teams just because they are actually on TV and reading the play-by-plays of our game online.


I know there are a lot of people angry about this one so I won't go on a big soapbox. At least we can all watch our next game on the trusty ESPN 2.

Happy Labor Day weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment