September 25, 2011

Goodbye Tennessee, Hello New York


Well following my last post, I made a quick trip to Tennessee last weekend to see the hubs and drove his car back to Houston.  He went straight from one away rotation to the next in Philadelphia. It is tough, but he is doing a great job making a good impression on the doctors and residents, doing very well in his surgeries and learning a lot about the programs.  He is also making the most of his time in these different cities and spending time with people and getting to know the community.  I am so proud of him!! These away rotations give him the opportunity to get to know potential programs for residency, allow the doctors to know him, and increase his chances for being accepted.  This is an exhausting process. Who knew everything that it would take to become a doctor.  But, we are almost there!


The trip went surprisingly well given that I had only three hours of sleep the night before. Here are some snapshots of my adventures.

The roadtrip began at 6:30am as I crossed over the bridge from Tennessee to Arkansas.  I passed a beautiful church out in the middle of nowhere, saw the sad aftermath from a fire that left everything black, and a beautiful rainbow.



About three hours into the drive, I stopped for a quick nap and grabbed a coffee at the Little Corner Bakery in Little Rock.  This adorable place was one of my favorite cafe's I have ever been to.  The bakery had a Razorback showcase was filled with adorable treats for gameday.  If only it were filled with Longhorn goodies...



 12 hours, 2 naps, 3 stops, and 1 movie later, I arrived in Houston and put the end to a successful roadtrip.  Seeing my hubby for a little bit made this all worth it!

Thankfully, driving will not be a part of my next trip to see him.  Only planes, trains, subways and taxis.  On to New York and Philadelphia this next week. 

 

2 comments:

  1. hoping and a praying the next leg is great (: xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple! Your love for him is inspiring as you support him through this journey. I'm so glad I found your blog and can't wait to read more.

    Much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete